Beverly Hills & Los Angeles
Breast reconstruction surgeon Dr. Ghavami uses modern surgical technology to construct a natural-looking breast after mastectomy (breast removal) for cancer or other diseases. The procedure is commonly begun and sometimes completed immediately following mastectomy, so that the patient wakes with a new breast mound. Alternatively, breast reconstruction may begin years after mastectomy depending on timing of radiation and/or chemotherapy regimens.
There are several ways to approach breast reconstruction, both with and without implants; Beverly Hills & LA breast augmentation surgeon Dr. Ghavami will work closely with you in deciding which is best for you. Breast reconstruction in Beverly Hills does not affect the recurrence of cancer, does not cause any other diseases, and does not affect chemotherapy or radiation treatment, when done properly. Dr. Ghavami has completed specialized microsurgical training and is experienced in microsurgical breast reconstruction which gives patients an option to use their own body’s tissue to shape and form a natural breast.
- Your current condition in conjunction with your overall health
- What stage your breast cancer is in and whether or not you are ready for additional surgery.
- The size of your breast.
- How much tissue is available for the breast reconstruction
- If breast reconstruction is needed on both breasts, as opposed to just one.
- Related costs, including insurance, for breast reconstruction
- Depending on the current breast, the size of your new implant.
- The ability and limitations of matching the other breast